The first Sports Day to be held at Teebar was in 1907. This included sprint and long distance running, high-jump, horse events, cricket matches, wood-chopping, rodeo, campdrafting, etc.
The official opening of the Teebar Hall was in 1918.
Our founding committee was formed around 1914 and held irregular events until 1943.
The campdraft yards and rings were first set-out in 1918. This crude set was replaced in the 1940s, with a sturdy set of rodeo yards and campdraft yards. This is also where the rodeo took place. There wasn't a ring, just an open paddock.
Woocoo District Sports Committee was formed in November 1943, with a sports day to be held in January, 1944, and an event has been held there every year since.
The new rodeo ring and back yards to the rodeo were built in the early 1980s. These are still standing today.
The campdraft ring and yards were refurbished in the late 1980s, with extra yards built.
The Teebar Sports Association was formed in 1985. This continued until 2001 when the Teebar Show and Sports Association Incorporated commenced, and gained entry into QCAS (Queensland Chamber of Agricultural Societies).
Damage was sustained during the 2013 January floods and we lost the entire rodeo ring, grandstands and half the campdraft ring. The rodeo and campdraft rings were rebuilt, using local labour and materials, with funding from federal, state and local governments in 2014.
Teebar Show and Sports Association Inc hold an event every year at these grounds, for the local community and surrounding areas with state and inter-state visitors, spectators and competitors. Each year numbers are increasing, with a total of 3,000 people attending the 2019 event.