The first sports day held at Teebar was in 1907. This included sprint and long-distance running, high-jump, horse events, cricket matches, wood-chopping, rodeo and campdrafting.
The first show and sports committee was formed around 1914 for irregular sport events.
In 1918 the Teebar Hall was opened and the campdraft yards and rings were first set out (although this would be replaced in the 1940s, with a sturdy set of rodeo yards and campdraft yards). At the time, the rodeo ‘ring’ was just an open paddock.
Woocoo District Sports Committee was formed in November 1943, with a sports day to be held in January, 1944, and an event has been held there every year since.
A lot of work was carried out in the 1980s, including the building of a new rodeo ring and back yards (which still stand today) and refurbishment of the campdraft ring and yards, as well as the construction of extra yards.
The Teebar Sports Association was formed in 1985. In 2001 it evolved to become the Teebar Show and Sports Association Incorporated, gaining entry into Queensland Chamber of Agricultural Societies (QCAS).
Extensive damage was sustained during the 2013 January floods and the entire rodeo ring, grandstands and half the campdraft ring was lost. The rodeo and campdraft rings were rebuilt in 2014, using local labour and materials, with funding from federal, state and local governments.
Teebar Show and Sports Association Inc holds an event every year at these grounds for the local community and surrounding areas with state and inter-state visitors, spectators and competitors. Each year numbers are increasing, with a total of 3,000 people attending the 2019 Teebar Show, Campdraft and Rodeo.
Get In touch below.